- $76,040.00 -129,110.00/year*
Healthcare - Nursing
118 Church St
The Recruitment Nurse is responsible for all activities associated with the contact, screening, scheduling and recruitment of clinical trial healthy volunteers and patients.
- As a member of the NHCRU recruitment department, the Recruitment Nurse will be working closely with the Clinical Operations Director, as well as partnering departments/roles (e.g., medical providers, clinical services, project management), to support recruitment activities for a portfolio of projects from start up to completion of healthy volunteer and/or special patient population recruitment, to support placed and planned studies.
- The Recruitment Nurse will also interact and collaborate with the phone screening department/ manager, recruitment/marketing vendors, independent private practice consultants,(e.g. external relationships such as those in physician offices, KOL's and vendors,) project managers and additional colleagues as required.
- Ensure regulatory compliance related to the protection of confidential information pertaining to study volunteers.Demonstrate competency in GCP and in all aspects of clinical research regulatory requirements.
Subject/Patient recruitment for clinical trials:
- Communicates study purpose and eligibility requirements to study volunteers, based on familiarity with individual protocol/consent details, and recruitment strategies developed with medical providers, clinical services and project management partners.
- Phone screens of healthy volunteers and patients for trials requiring a health professional's initial assessment of eligibility for the study.
- Manages the subject database to maintain confidential subject information.
- Queries databases for certain subject and patient populations; subject matter expert in utilizing queries to contact volunteers (letters, emails) as potential study screening subjects.
- Ensures subject database is properly maintained.
- Proactively contribute to study specific recruitment strategies to reach relevant target groups.
Recruitment and Screening Activities
- Assist in identifying and performing protocol required screening procedures (e.g. VCT, ICD, medical history, inclusion and exclusion, concomitant medications)
- Communicate protocol requirements toinquiringstudy subjects and patients
- Write and update recruitment related documents for subject use as appropriate
- Assist in maintaining metrics pertaining to each recruitment vendor
- Support the Recruitment Nurse Coordinator and Clinical Operations Director in the development of contracts for ongoing marketing/advertising recruitment needs.
- Manage contracted advertising sources supporting recruitment.
- Provide support to internal clinical research staff in the pre-selection of subjects for eligibility using protocol inclusion/exclusion criteria
- Collaboratively manage subject phone calls including scheduling/rescheduling of appointments;
- Work collaboratively with the recruitment team, call center and project manager's to assure the required number of subjects are identified to fill individual studies
- Track vendor specific metrics from sources of advertising so that effective advertising strategies can be identified
- Develop study specific and general ads
- Coordinate and manage ad placement in various venues (social media, newspaper)
- Additional responsibilities as required by individual projects.
- Establish strong collaborative relationship with recruitment department to realize shared goals in recruitment of subjects and patients for CRU clinical trials
- Demonstrate creative thinking in suggesting new or more effective ways to recruit volunteers and patients for clinical trials
- Demonstrate leadership skills in building a quality recruiting department
- Actively participate in CRU department and other meetings
- Community outreach efforts- evaluate appropriate venues for target population and attend events
- Assist in development and maintenance of social media presence including website updates
- Participate in PCRU teams to accomplish business needs and resolve issues
- Collaborate with Brussels PCRU Recruitment nurses to align and share best practices.
- Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse, or related discipline, required
- Health care practice experience required
- Valid Connecticut state license required
- Current certification for BLS required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent computer skills including competency with MS word, excel, power point
- Ability to learn different operating systems (ie PIMS)
- Excellent customer service and professionalism
- Able to demonstrate business acumen
- Prior experience in a clinical research environment
- Spanish and /or Japanese language fluency
- Certification from nationally recognized accrediting body (CCRA, CCRC or CCRP)
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
N (Other) (United States of America)
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.
Associated topics: care nurse, clinical nurse, cna, cns, family medicine, nursing assistant cna, nurse specialist, ob, prac, specialist
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...