* We have an opening for a part-time *CATERING ATTENDANT *position.
* *Location*: 4513 Manhattan College Parkway, Riverdale, NY 10471 /Note: online applications accepted _only_./
* *Schedule*: Shifts will vary. More details upon interview.
* *Requirement*: Previous catering/food service experience is preferred.
*We are excited to announce the launch of our new pre-recorded video interviewing technology to fast track your career with our award-winning organization! When you submit an hourly job application, you will be invited to participate in a short video introduction. Click here to get a sneak peek preview!*
*This position is eligible for an Employee Referral Bonus! *If you know someone that would be a great fit for this role, you can refer them to this position and potentially earn an Employee Referral Bonus! Click here to view the step-by-step instructions to refer a friend to this position.
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may be interested in joining our team.
*/Current Associates:/* */This position has a $250 Employee Referral Bonus! Know someone you would like to refer?/* / Have them apply to this posting via this direct link or at/ / and/ /ask them to provide your name in the \"If referred by current employee\" section of the online application./
Chartwells Higher Education brings fresh ideas and innovative concepts to higher education foodservice. We have quickly established ourselves as the leading college and university foodservice partner in the industry, and were twice named the Fastest Growing Brand by Nations Restaurant News. While we reflect on a proud past, we keep a keen eye on what is yet to come, especially in the areas of culinary development and nutrition. We foster development in a setting where mobility, teamwork, and communication flourish.
*Full time associates at Chartwells Higher Education are offered many fantastic benefits such as:*
* Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
* Commuter Benefits
* Wellness Program
* Employee Assistance Program
* Life Insurance for Associates and Eligible Dependents
* Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD)
* Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
* Discount Marketplace
* And other voluntary benefits
*Summary:* Delivers and serves food at scheduled functions under the supervision of the catering captain. Ensures the accurate execution of all events during his/her shift. May drive a catering delivery truck. Sets up and serves at functions; cleans event area during and after events; breaks down the setup and leaves the area neat and clean; returns leftover food and equipment to the catering facility in a timely manner.
*Essential Duties and Responsibilities:*
* Assembles and delivers all food and supplies for catered functions to their scheduled locations.
* Logs and maintains food temperatures.
* Arranges tables and decorations.
* Arranges buffet tables with food, beverage and service items according to standards.
* Serve food and beverages to guests.
* Thoroughly cleans location after event is completed.
* Returns food and beverages, serving equipment and utensils to catering facility.
* Distributes and collects customer comment cards for catered functions.
* Stocks, cleans and maintains catering facility and equipment.
* Ensures guests receive friendly, courteous service at all times.
* Maintains in-depth knowledge of complete menu and products on hand.
* Maintains clean and safe work environment.
* Follows safety and sanitation policy and procedures at all times.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Valid driver's license may be required; must possess or able to obtain a valid food handler's permit and/or alcohol servers' permit where required by state law.
* About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry*
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. /*Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)./
Req ID: 289913
Hourly Associated topics: chef, commercial, deli chef, executive, executive kitchen, prep chef, restaurant assistant chef, salad chef, sushi, sushi chef
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.